Audiobook narrated by Bernadette Dunn
Edge of Midnight has interesting leads and Leslie Tentler is a compelling storyteller. Problem is I’m tired of this same story told over and over again by every author of romantic suspense. In fact, lore says that no romantic suspense author worth her salt can join the club until she’s written this story.
- Serial killer targets heroine.
- Cop/Navy SEAL/FBI agent swears to protect her with his life.
- Heroine blithely/stupidly ignores dire warnings that she’s not safe and delivers herself into villain’s clutches.
- Hero tortures himself with guilt but pulls it together just in the nick of time.
- Rescue! Happily ever after.
I liked it. THREE QUARTER MOONS for both author and narrator.